I am returning to Minneapolis and am plotting ways to travel for free! Yes, I have developed a strong case of wonder-lust and am excited to discover what trouble awaits me. Stay posted monthly.
I returned to my state of origin
In the northern most regions of
This frozen tradition is now in its third year and our past adventures have taught us:
- Sleeping in a tent without a stove really sucks and makes your breath freeze to everything inside
- Hiking at in the middle of a blizzard without batteries for your headlamp is fun
- Wolves are everywhere
- Using a sledge to pull gear can enable you to bring A LOT of stuff!
- Rain sucks just as much in January as it does in November
- With an ice saw you can go swimming year-round
7. Sledding ain't just for kids anymore!
Our possee included the two usual suspects George Thaler (aka Pie) and myself.
Two additional masters of the bush (masters compared to a 7 year-old girl from
We were very responsible and safe the entire time (he-he)
and enjoyed snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, rock-climbing, camping and yes, swimming!
I got in touch with our dog-sledding flesh biting Sweed LISA STRÖM who is mushing in Ely, MN but she was guiding a trip in a different area of the BWCAW. Miss ya Lisa :-(
Stay tuned for more adventures. Up next… climbing frozen waterfalls.